The Hong Kong Jockey Club\'s Information Technology & Sustainability (IT&S) Division drives the implementation of innovative technology solutions in horse racing and football wagering systems in order to deliver a premium service to our millions of customers. You will have the opportunity to develop and utilize new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people.
We are currently seeking talented IT professionals with strong technical expertise to contribute to the significant strategic transformation which will allow IT&S to adapt to the changing digital workplace, improve customer experience and accelerate the delivery of new product offerings.
Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary IT teams, you will play an instrumental role in building a digital platform with modern state of the art technologies that will power all of the Club's service and product distribution channels. These channels include over 100 betting booths at racecourses, 102 Off-Course Betting Branches (OCBBs), 4 call centers manned by 5000 plus Telebet operators, as well as multiple interactive online and mobile services.
- Oversee the design, plan, and implementation of the Club private cloud infrastructure and platform services
- Mentor and develop the skills and experience of the cloud team members
- Assess industry trends and make recommendations related to the use and security of cloud services and technologies.
- Champion cloud technology with vision, strategy, policies, best practices and capabilities along with IT & Business leadership
- Partner with cross functional teams across the IT division to facilitate cloud native application development and deployment automation
- Manage and forecast cloud infrastructure capacity and budget
- Establishes SLAs with technology partners and vendors
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years working experience in IT infrastructure management in both a technical and managerial capacity in a medium to large enterprise.
- 7+ years experience in managing a large environment of private or public cloud infrastructure and platform services supporting mission critical applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with business and technical teams
- Able to communicate effectively and deal with different levels of internal users and external service providers & suppliers
- Good understanding of project and service management, governance, policy and compliance
- Able to document and present technical issues, management reports effectively.
- Solid understanding of backup/restore and disaster recovery best practices
- Professional knowledge in public cloud like Amazon Web Services, Azure or
- Google Cloud and private cloud like Azure Stack or VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Good understanding of cloud native application, micro-services, containers,
- Kubernetes and related cloud infrastructure and architecture.
- Ability to manage priorities and deploy software through tooling (git, Jenkins,
- Ansible scripts, Docker) and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and other software development and
- documentation tools used in DevOps.
- Knowledgeable in network, firewall, and security best practices
- Certifications in Amazon Web Services (Solutions Architect) or Microsoft Azure (Solutions Architect) a plus
- Certifications in Project Management certification (PMP, Prince2) and IT
- Infrastructure Library (ITIL) a plus
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.