The IT Racing Wagering & Lottery Solutions Department is responsible for the overall management and delivery of racing wagering and lottery (Pari-mutuel) transaction host components, commingling gateways, control systems and their associated information systems lifecycle.
- Lead development team engage in the effort estimation, design, construction, testing, maintenance and support of complex wagering systems and IT solutions
- Oversee the translation of business requirements into functional design that aligns with architectural standards and roadmaps
- Plan and assign resources to accomplish development tasks, monitor and report the progress
- Conduct deliverable reviews to ensure compliance to establish standards and processes
- Seek opportunities to constantly improve work practices and team achievements
- Provide off duty standby support on roster and provide on-site support on critical events
You should have:
- University degree or above in Computer Science, IT or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years\' experience in architectural design and software development of large scale systems
- Minimum of 3 years team management experience
- Wagering and transaction control system experience is definitely a plus but not essential
- Proven staff management/supervision capability with multi-site development team management experience
- Working knowledge in system design, software development and testing processes and the good understanding of SDLC are Design and software development experience on Database, application systems on Linux/Windows or web systems are important
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IT system development, design concepts and development tools
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration, DevOps and Automated testing are preferable
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas clearly with wide range of stakeholders is essential
- Familiar with development on database and application systems on Microsoft Windows and/or Linux platform, online transaction processing, multi-threading system design and messaging mechanism are preferred
- Knowledge in designing, developing and deploying solutions using container technologies in Cloud platform is a plus
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas clearly wide range of stakeholders is essential
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Putonghua
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.