Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.About the role
The 'Commercial Partnerships Manager - Asia' is a pivotal role for Deliveroo. The desired candidate will be a great stakeholder manager, be a highly capable and commercially astute account manager, and be confident and comfortable presenting and communicating with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.What you'll be doing?
- Define and own overall plan to partner with key FMCG brands in Hong Kong and Singapore, to drive growth for both Deliveroo and our partners, as well as improve our offer to consumers.
- Work with Global Head of Commercial Partnership (CP) to define the Asia market strategy and team structure for CP.
- Develop a complete understanding of the Hong Kong and Singapore marketplace, including both the core restaurant and on-demand grocery channels.
- Be highly engaged and collaborate with the wider Deliveroo teams in Asia and UK HQ, acting as the direct interface for commercial partnerships Asia and key functions (marketing, grocery, restaurants) within Deliveroo.
- Act as the gatekeeper to all FMCG brands looking to work with Deliveroo in Asia.
- Understand the CP global plan and ensure CP is incorporated into the market plans for Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Developing and managing long-term partnerships with key FMCG brands, specifically with heads of e-commerce/d-commerce, brand and marketing.
- Work closely with Asia FMCG partners into the building of Joint Business Plans (JBP's).
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of partner specific KPIs, prepare and present partner performance review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to deepen and grow the relationship with key partners by involving and working cross-functionally with other internal Deliveroo teams.
- Collaborate and manage key FMCG brands to attract investment into media and activation channels across the full Deliveroo estate to maximise consumer benefit, sales and profit growth for Deliveroo and sales and incidence rate for FMCG partner brands in Asia.
- Significant experience in sales, business development or account management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - operational willingness to 'roll sleeves up'.
- Ambitious self starter, with drive to make things happen independently and through collaboration.
- Creative negotiation skills & experience in cross team stakeholder management.
- Strong problem-solving skills; effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense.
- Project and change management experience; able to demonstrate managing multiple complex projects with numerous stakeholders in a structured and logical way.
- Designing, developing & executing the commercial models for new revenue streams.
- Cantonese an advantage / English is a must.
Life at Deliveroo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.