The Corporate Strategy Manager plays a key role in the Corporate Strategy team reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy. The team partners closely with the CFO, CEO and Executive team to:
What you'll be doing
- Develop long-term (3Y) and near-term (1Y) company strategy
- Run internal consulting projects (strategy development & execution)
- Summarise the strategy for the Exec, Board and wider company
- Partner with the Executive team and senior leadership to help set the strategic direction for the company
- Work with the business to define strategies and drive execution of complex, cross-functional and high impact initiatives
- Help run the cross-functional and cross-country strategic planning process, ensuring clear expectations, quality strategy development and buy-in from all parts of the company
- Support on preparation of Board and company-wide presentations
- Execute complex financial modelling and discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Where necessary, face off to external consultants on high profile projects
- Work with the Head of Corporate Strategy to maintain a world class strategy team and working environment
- 4-10 years experience, including in a top tier strategy consultancy, PE/VC or in a high growth consumer tech business
- Experience in corporate strategy, simplifying and solving complex and ambiguous problems, ideally in a fast growth, international consumer business
- Successful track record partnering with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world's best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn't our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world's fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we're only just getting started.
We hope you're as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you'll join us and be part of this incredible story.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space