Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.
Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed. What you'll be doing
As the Global Head of Commercial, you will spearhead commercial models and best practice sharing across our Editions markets. Reporting to the Global Director of Editions, You will:
- Support your Heads of Editions in each country, and the local Heads of Commercial, to bring in ever-better restaurants,
- Define and rollout best practice commercial playbooks
- Supervise the assessment of restaurant health across our markets, including developing action plans for improvement
- Supervise all commercial frameworks for our ambitious expansion programme, including for target locations and requirements, market entry decisions, and site business cases
- Further professionalise and add sophistication to our commercial organisation, tools and ways of working
- Be a senior member of the Editions leadership team, feeding into major decisions across the business
- Liaise with country General Managers and Heads of Commercial in each market, and with the central Restaurants team, to ensure a joined-up approach
- A strategic thinker, able to develop the V2 and V3 of Editions across the world
- A model builder, passionate about defining and rolling out best practice and playbooks
- A sales person, with demonstrated success in similar B2B sales or negotiation
- A people leader and influencer, with experience, building, coaching and scaling complex matrix teams to meet business needs, in multiple geographies and timezones
- A sector expert, with 8+ years experience in food delivery, restaurant, hospitality and/or FMCG, or related field
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and strategic leadership, for example with a background in top-tier management consulting, finance, or at a market leader known for talent incubation; with financial fluency and experience in managing P&L's, balance sheets and budgets
- A high-energy change agent, with high entrepreneurialism, and comfort with business development, able to take Editions to the next level
- Proficiency in stakeholder management (horizontally and vertically), and clear and concise communications
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.