At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Growth Operations associate sits within the operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our customers when they place an order from our largest restaurant and on demand convenience partners. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as the leader in the food delivery market. You will work together with our wider Operations team and Account Managers to ensure the smooth running of our delivery operations associated with our high-volume restaurant partners. Next to that you will identify opportunities at the intersection of restaurants and rider operations and project manage them to completion.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be an authority on rider operations and a key part of the operations team. You will often be the Operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key.
Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them. This is an area where silver bullets are unlikely to be found and a systematic approach to improvements will be the key. You report to the Director of Operations in The Netherlands.What you'll be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert on rider operations
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working with both National Account & Local Hero restaurant partners
- Take business priorities into account to lead project work to a high standard
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and restaurants in every decision you take to help strengthen the business both now and into the future via a smooth logistics network
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how every action in Operations has second- and third-order impacts and how to plan for that
- Embody a test and learn mentality to drive results
- Native Dutch speaker
- Communication - able to develop good working relationships with key stakeholders, influence, and attain the requisite buy-in
- Influencer - able to rally others behind an idea and get stakeholders (both internal and external) to buy-in to your ideas.
- Analytical - able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Project management - experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way to ensure you're always delivering the right work at the right time.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.