When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.The Role
- We're looking for an experienced HR generalist, who has a people centric mindset.
- You'll have a specific focus on personnel administration, payroll and operational tasks. You'll also be exposed to all other HR processes - being the position a real opportunity to grow and learn.
- You'll join the local People Team, based in Madrid.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will:
- Take ownership of personnel administration tasks covering the entire employees' lifecycle - from hiring procedures to on-boarding and managing all employees' events with an admin impact.
- Being accountable for the monthly payroll management, working alongside the Finance department and external payroll provider.
- Point of contact for employees and managers in everything related to human resources , and responsible for responding to general HR inquiries.
- Support the implementation of any measure adopted from human resources such as new policies, new projects and collaboration with other areas.
- Overseeing and issuing contracts of employment, amendment letters, ad hoc salary and bonus letters, promotions.
- Close cooperation with other teams as it can be with the recruitment team, labor relations, office manager or any other team that allows progress and good work/collaboration to advance on a day-to-day basis.
- Having a great understanding of the Collective Bargaining Agreements and the rights & duties of employees and employers.
- Manage the employee benefits, being the key contact for the benefits provider. Make PO's and invoicing control.
- HRIS data maintenance and reporting.
- Drive the on-boarding/ off- boarding processes.
- Participation and support to the HR Manager in other tasks such as: performance, employee mapping, reviews and other tasks that are important.
- We're assembling a diverse, passionate, highly skilled team and you will be doing the same to achieve a great working environment.
Life at Deliveroo
- You'll have proven experience working in a generalist HR position and be able to pull on your knowledge of all parts of the employee lifecycle; Focus in the personnel administration, payroll and operation areas
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Resources or Labour Relations, Law or similar (master's degree in HR Management would be great!).
- You'll ideally already have been part of a fast paced company that's grown rapidly and will know the appropriate HR interventions/ initiatives;
- You're skilled at working within a matrix organisation and have built great relationships with central and HQ teams;
- You're awesome at building strong relationships and have great communication skills;
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Good communication skills to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS.
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.