Why Deliveroo ?
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.The job
- Lead the expansion & commercial strategy in France and be the central point of contact for all France expansion interactions: City Team, Public Affairs, Property, Core team
- Deliver outstanding hands-on Project Management of new Editions sites launches, working closely with London HQ based Expansion, construction and kitchen launch teams
- Manage all Editions commercial leads, sign on the best partners and get them to launch successful virtual brands
- Lead initiatives related to any additional revenue generating channels: Editions partnerships monetization, ancillary product listings, permanent and temporary e-shop listings
- Work in close collaboration with local PR team and central to ensure ongoing coverage of Editions in France and stunty projects
- Drive Editions commercial agenda in close collaboration with the local core Commercial team to ensure best Editions live partner relationships and drive partners GMV maximisation
- Scale Editions Country process (Site launch plan, kitchen sales, marketing plan, expansion review, Commercial Partnership signature and implementation) and team, work closely with Editions Site Operations, Marketing, Rider Ops and Comms team to ensure Editions live restaurants success
- Own Editions Country P&L and challenge top lines and opex to ensure profitability
- Coordinate with the local Editions Site Operations organisation
Workplace & Diversity
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience as a Commercial or Consultant
- You have significant experience in management and project management and you know how to define a strategy at a local level
- You are motivated to manage and grow your own market for Deliveroo.
- You feel comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are proactive in your relations with your stakeholders.
- You love being in the field and you are involved in everything that is operational in your scope.
- You are creative (and you have a taste for implementing solutions that will have an impact.
- You are able to make decisions thanks to your analyzes
- You are able to move quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action.
- You are highly adaptable to change and have the ability to execute quickly.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate with a variety of interlocutors, both internal and external.
- You have a strong team spirit and are able to share your good practices and be a source of proposals for your department and your colleagues
- You have a strong appetite for entrepreneurship, food and operations.
- Fluent in French and English
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.