The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.The role
The Head of Grocery Operations is a newly-created role in UK Operations and is at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as a leader in the food delivery market. You will help to build out a new function as Deliveroo continues to cement itself in the 'On Demand Grocery' space.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be an executor and a leader, an authority on grocery operations and a key part of the UK Operations Management team. You will often be the Operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key. Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them. This is an area where silver bullets are unlikely to be found and a systematic approach to improvements will be the key. Responsibilities:
- Become a subject matter expert on grocery operations and the end to end fulfilment process
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and grocery partners in every decision you take to strengthen the business both now and into the future via a smooth logistics network
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how every action in Operations has second- and third-order impacts and how to plan for that
- Take business priorities into account to lead project work to a very high standard
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working with large national grocery partners
- Build and lead this newly formed function in UKI Operations
- Attain the knowledge to represent the team in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Align the aims of your team with those of other functions within the business
- Engender a test and learn mentality in your team to enable the team to drive results at a global level
- Run a team with a clear sense of the importance of ruthlessly prioritising to achieve the best outcomes with whatever resource is available
Life at Deliveroo
- Extensive experience within the grocery segment and a deep and thorough understanding of operations and supply chains.
- Influencer - able to rally a team behind an idea and get stakeholders (both internal and external) to buy in to your ideas.
- Analytical - Able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Communication - Able to develop good working relationships with key stakeholders, influence, and attain the requisite buy in
- Inquisitive - Infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Mentor - Position yourself as a leader within Operations and be sought after as a source of knowledge, advice, and experience
- Organised - Always deliver the right work at the right time
- Project management - Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way
- Track record of 'getting shit done' - Operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule - rapid high-quality decisions
- Enjoy working in a fast changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.