Why Deliveroo ?
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.What you'll be doing
You will be part of the marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Restaurant Marketing, Promotions and Loyalty, and will work on a daily basis with the Groceries Commercial team ensuring the marketing plan delivers the relevant business impacts.
As Marketing and Merchandising Manager - Groceries, your role will be to drive the both traffic and conversion of our Groceries business (supermarkets, convenience stores but also small businesses such as bakeries, butchers and other stores).Grocery annual marketing Strategy
Commercial Partnership opportunities with Grocery
- Deep dive on understanding the Grocery business on deliveroo (consumers profiles, occasions, barriers to consideration...) to build our grocery Customer Value Proposition
- Responsible for building the annual plan to drive traffic to our Grocery menu pages, designing and implementing seasonal campaign strategy for Grocery
- Identify new opportunities for seasonal events & building on our learnings from previous campaigns - developing a strong test and learn strategy across events
- Leverage our large selection of grocery partners to provide our consumers with the right message at the right time, at a national and a hyperlocal level
- Build trust and strong relationship with our grocery brands in order to build joint marketing and activations plan, and supporting activations with 360° comms plan
- Work with the broader France marketing team to develop Grocery & Rx campaigns for seasonal events & land across the calendar year, and specifi
- Work with partners & commercial team to unlock Deals with key grocery partners, and ensure Commercial Teams are briefed and engaged to maximize success of campaigns
- Create post campaign analysis to share learnings with other markets
- Leverage our Commercial Partnerships with FMCG brands to feed our annual marketing plan with grocery partners, and be the point of contact for Commercial Partnership teams in regards to roll out of joint business plans
- Own the relationship with our partnership agency and the French Commercial partnership Manager to monetize our marketing assets through FMCG partnerships
- Optimize grocery menu merchandising (categories, top sellers position, pictures, description), curating selection to respond to changes in demand
- Working with the central Product team to unlock new functionalities
- Work with commercial teams to implement new merchandising and optimize our Grocery conversion
- Build and implement the Grocery signage (in-store) strategy, partner plan and key assets working with Commercial Team to identify key brands to roll out signage
Workplace & Diversity
- 3-5 years experience in a retail or FMCG environment, and preferably in a digital environment
- Experience in online merchandising or category management is a strong plus
- You have a strong marketing customer sensibility and are passionate about food.
- Very organized, sense of detail. You know how to carry out several projects at the same time and know how to respect the deadlines.
- You know how to work with cross functional teams
- Curious and creative, you have superb relationship management skills and know how to build trust with partners and be persuasive
- Autonomous, you like responsibilities and are able to manage projects end to end
- You are not afraid to be hands-on, are able to find solutions and implement them
- Fluent English required.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.