The UK & Ireland are our most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Planning & Analytics team sits within Rider Operations and is responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network across the UK & Ireland. This includes rider planning, rider supply, logistics, incentives and rider fee pricing. The Operations Manager, Rider Supply reports to the Planning & Analytics Manager, Network Management.
Operating at scale in a hyper competitive, hyper growth environment is no mean feat. As such you'll be faced with some of the most exciting problems across the food tech space. Working closely with Global Operations teams and the wider Planning & Analytics team, this role is responsible for ensuring we're building a rider fleet that can sustainably support Deliveroo's continued growth in the UK & Ireland. This will consider what the appropriate fleet size is in a particular area; what the optimal composition of the fleet is; and how best to achieve it. What you'll be doing
- Own the UK&I rider lifecycle end-to-end, managing the processes around acquiring applicants, onboarding new riders, and maximising the overall rider lifetime value.
- Develop long term forecasts and create plans to ensure the UK & Ireland has the appropriate fleet size and composition to meet expected demand. Ensure we are sustainably building a rider fleet that can support our growth ambitions whilst offering a great rider proposition.
- Develop analysis and gather insights to ensure we're making decisions that maximise the lifetime value of our rider fleet. Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes we are deploying to the delivery network.
- Develop our applicant acquisition plan alongside our Rider Marketing team. Ensure we are targeting the right profile of riders & generating enough applications to meet rider onboarding requirements in each city.
- Work closely with our central Rider Services team to ensure we are taking the appropriate decisions in relation to the processes within our onboarding pipelines.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of how the network operates to better understand fleet size requirements, and to assist in its operation when required. Work alongside Operations Managers in the Planning & Analytics team to solve city specific challenges.
Preferred, but not required
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in consulting, program management, supply chain management or experience working in a high-growth start up.
- Strong analytical mindset and comfortable with large data sets.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Can build approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Comfortable handling multiple workstreams at the same time, working both individually and as part of a team.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Experience with forecasting and modelling.
- Experience with SQL.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.