When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.The Role
This is a management position, you'll have full ownership over the Engagement and Support divisions of the Operations department, which engage and support over 7000 riders in Hong Kong. You will be joining one of the fastest growing start-ups globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
You'll need to have experience managing a team, and always put development, progression and performance at the front of your mind. You'll be able to build solid relationships with riders and foster a close-knit community within the group. Your role will have a direct impact on rider lifecycles and brand values, which is pivotal in driving the long term success when working with riders. The role demands an analytical, people-centric person with a creative mind to navigate the uncertainties in offering the ultimate winning propositions.Responsibilities:
More specifically, you will:
- Diving into numbers and metrics - knowing your audiences and collecting both qualitative and quantitative data while deep diving into different segments and demographics of the group to better establish the goals and actions in building the winning lifecycle propositions.
- Leading and executing the local engagement strategy - taking the company's vision and interpreting this to the local market, ensuring we're constantly evolving, innovating and prioritising the right projects to meet riders' needs. Being creative is very important, yet it's even more important to translate the strategy into actionable plans with objectives and measures. This includes building an unique brand value proposition through a list of different engagement activities including but not limited to events, partnerships, perks, etc.
- Building the future of Operations Support that can sustainably scale - understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of our support operations, and what we need to build now for the future to ensure we are in the best position in offering the top-notch support for our riders.
We are looking for someone with at least 4 years of experience in operations management, project management, or consulting.
You'll also need to be:
- Inquisitive, curious and ready to challenge the status quo in a very fast-paced working environment.
- Creativity to contribute to discussions and projects around campaigns and initiatives
- Don't mind getting your hands dirty and act as a role model of the team.
- A confident critical-thinker that can jump into different problems and come up with tactical recommendations.
- Happy doing some number-crunching - Strong enough with stats and excel to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be. You'll need strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, whilst keeping calm and composed at the same time (particularly during a crisis).
- Confident in your communication skills with the ability to influence external and internal stakeholders. Experience of working in a people-facing role.
- Attractive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Hong Kong
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Gym subsidy
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.