Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We're a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We're a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We're a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business, and who interact with us in several ways. And we're a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you'll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We're seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.Mission / What the team is going to do
Restaurants now reply upon Deliveroo for the majority of their orders; yet historically we have given them few tools to control their growth on our platform. We want to give restaurants the ability to use our audience, technology and data to grow their brand and drive sales. We aim to drive higher restaurant satisfaction with our platform, better experiences for customers, and opportunities for incremental monetisation.
The restaurant growth mandate covers topics at the intersection of restaurants and marketing; some are more mature products with large revenue bases, while others are greenfield topics. Responsibilities
Examples of some of the topics and activities in the scope of this role:
What's their goal
- Prepare a product requirements document that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Build a detailed understanding of the specific feature requirements, by conducting research with restaurants and/or gathering input from our commercial teams (central and local).
- Work closely with consumer promos team to define 'quality offers' and collaborate on new promo types
- Manage offers roadmap and propose new features and optimizations
- Lead product area reviews to highlight the impact of Marketer offer performance to senior leadership and commercial stakeholders
- Work with Data Science to clarify and quantify the objectives of the project, and with other contributors (Design, Content, Research, Legal) as appropriate.
- Engage in reactive support and troubleshoot on Marketer offers (eg. bug management, resolution, and internal support requests)
- Collaborate and support your engineering team during development by organizing regular agile rituals and defining clear requirement documentation
- Work closely with Marketer product owner to identify optimization opportunities and improve restaurant engagement with Marketer tooling
- Work closely with PMM team to position feature roll outs and strategize feature adoption and GTM
- Develop a strategy around new product areas, such as Restaurant Funded vouchers, Offsite Ads.
- Improve offer quality on the platform by developing abuse guardrails and directing restaurants to creating high quality offers for customers
- Streamlining the self-serve offer supply to increase the number of live offers on the platform
- Drive restaurants to create offers that are right for their needs (eg. is this to push a specific item on a menu or acquire new customers)
- Maintain an 'always on' healthy offer supply that drives incremental order volume to the business
- Devise new growth levers.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.