Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.About the role
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the restaurant network in Hong Kong.You will ensure that we optimise the restaurant experience by taking into consideration in house operations to solve for the fastest and smoothest order experience. What you'll be doing
- Using analytics to improve restaurant operations - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to reduce restaurant delays and order rejections
- Working with stakeholders from other departments - ensuring coordination with the restaurant account managers and operations team to implement new initiatives
- Monitoring and improving brand sentiment - identifying key restaurant brands, and coordinating events to improve rider sentiment and interactions with restaurant staff.
- Experimentation - running tests to explore creative solutions and establish the levers that exist when improving in house operations
- Owning operations of key brand launches - Coordinating with the restaurant team to onboard and launch large chains smoothly
Life at Deliveroo
- Analytical - able to use large data sets to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues
- Strategic - able to 'think big' as well as execute 'on-the-fly' via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- Logical - get to the crux of an issue quickly, using sound logic and empirical evidence and without over-complication
- Team player - able to work as part of a team and engage stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Project management - able to identify a project; collect resources; identify and engage the relevant stakeholders, and deliver impactful results
- Have an opinion - know your stuff, have an opinion, be prepared to debate it, and come to the best solution for Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.