Rider Escalations Manager
Reporting into the Rider Trust & Safety Lead, you will be responsible for the Rider Escalations Team. This team works to ensure riders are safe and supported whilst working for Deliveroo, and that their access to work is protected.
The Rider Safety Manager is responsible for running a team of operations representatives that deal with the most sensitive and escalated issues related to riders. You will work closely with the Rider & Customer Support teams as well as the Account Managers to ensure that our processes are running smoothly.
You will also spend time communicating with riders and external stakeholders, so you'll need to be an excellent communicator and be diplomatic & empathetic in the way you handle these sensitive situations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to take on projects to support the standardisation of ways of working across markets and improve existing processes What you'll be doing
- Responsible for managing a growing team of 5 Operations Representatives, coaching them on their professional development and assisting them on resolving the most complicated cases
- Motivating your team to work collaboratively and produce results while maintaining a high level of quality
- Being the point of contact for senior management when they get reports of incidents involving riders or riders contacting them directly
- Collaborate with other markets and central teams to standardise and improve processes related to Rider Safety, including GDPR requests, investigations, notifications, response macros, reporting etc
- Support the Rider Trust & Safety Lead with legal and comms requests, providing responses with necessary data and information, making suggestions on how to deal with the issue
- Working closely with the Performance Team on building reporting, identifying areas of improvement, training and development opportunities for your team
This role will interact regularly with the following departments: legal, comms and policy, Rider Trust, Rider Support, Rider Services Performance, Customer care, Commercial, Editions, Global OperationsRequirements
- Experienced People Manager able to encourage and collaborate effectively with a talented team of Operations Representatives
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels, ranging from riders and operations agents to directors
- Comfortable working independently and remotely (This team has adopted an hybrid working from home model, and can work from home 2 days a week)
- Detail oriented and a proactive problem solver
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and see changes as opportunities
- High level of empathy and compassion toward riders, restaurants and customers
- Prior experience in customer services role or similar preferred
- One additional language in addition to English is desirable, preferably French
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.