The Sales Strategy and Operations Associate
for UK SMB is a high impact role responsible for driving Deliveroo's UK commercial efforts. You will report to the Sales Strategy and Operations Manager and partner closely with the head of SMB Sales What You'll Be Doing
- Day to day support and analysis to improve team performance
- Prepare and drive regular weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reviews around pacing, backlog health, utilization, and other business performance activities.
- Support the execution of business process improvement projects and other strategic initiatives
- Ensure high levels of data quality and process consistency
- Proactively analyze trends in operational data to determine gaps, risks, and needed improvements to better support the sales business
- Strong analytical approach - strong ability to join quantitative and qualitative approaches to transform complex business problems into clear, concise and easy-to-understand solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems
- Can make things happen - Solid track record of getting things done
- 2 years experience in Sales Operations / strategy consulting
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Problem solver
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders including at the executive level
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.