When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.What you'll be doing...
Deliveroo Hong Kong is looking for an innovative and digital-savvy marketer to build, grow and manage our consumer marketing strategies and activities across paid and owned channels. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in the field of digital marketing, and is familiar with data-driven marketing and performance-based marketing investment decision making. This marketer needs to be passionate about measuring results and ROI, and not driving short term results at the expense of long term gain. S/he knows the technical infrastructure of digital advertising spaces and is known for testing and innovating in new areas and leveraging opportunities to scale programs based on results. S/he also needs to be a strong communicator, skilled negotiator, an enthusiastic problem solver who can earn trust and possesses a strong sense of accountability to deliver results.You will...
Digital Marketing Program Development & Innovation
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to create strategies for local marketing campaigns and meet effectiveness and efficiency goals
- Drive digital marketing innovation with media, restaurant and external partners to accelerate new customer acquisition, lapsed customer reactivation, demand generation and customer engagement programs for Hong Kong.
Digital Marketing Program Deployment & Optimisation
- Drive growth through continual optimisation of digital channels, content and targeting for Hong Kong
- Teach others about performance-based program opportunities
- Actively mines campaign performance data for learnings and insights to inform optimisation, future campaigns and new opportunities
- Represents team at business reviews and owns reporting for business leaders.
Stakeholder & partner management/ influence
- Develops strategy and programs with internal/ global partners, advocating best practices and building strong relationships
- Identifies and recommends new automation opportunities, tools, products, and placement locations, using customer data, knowledge of stakeholder goals and business goals
- Develops, executes and manages marketing programs effectively
- Proposes new ideas and provides supporting data and projected ROI
- Proactively collaborates with other teams to share insights and align promotions
- Shares and champions best practices across business
- Uses customer, channel, and program performance data to develop short- and long-term recommendations
- Identifies program and process improvement opportunities
- When presented with issues or opportunities, formulate a plan of action with an aggressive but realistic timeline
- Motivates peers to act quickly on issues helps them properly prioritise the biggest opportunities
- Demonstrates good intuition on understanding others' points of view and potential roadblocks/ issues
- Dives deep to ensure data integrity by validating with alternate data sources
Skills you'll need & Eligibility...
- Applies performance standards to the team. Identifies resource needs. Sets goals to optimize performance against department goals and team development
- Coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Mentors other marketers. - Demonstrates and differentiates performance bar across multiple levels
- Sets and articulates expectations for team, and models behavior that best exemplifies our company values
- 10+ years of career achievement in marketing, a minimum of 6+ years in Digital marketing
- Entrepreneurial minded, able to articulate new ideas and influence others to gain support
- Strong learning agility, comfortable dealing with fast paced environments, able to keep complicated projects moving forward
- Self-starter, creative and analytical problem-solver with attention to details. Delivers results quickly and efficiently
- Global brand or local blue-chip in-house experience preferred but will also consider strong candidates in IC roles from global agencies
- Native Cantonese speaker, good written & spoken English
- Comfortable with advanced Google Sheets/ Excel, data dashboards and capable of data mining to perform analysis to develop/enhance digital marketing program
- Experience in food delivery APP, eCommerce, restaurant or other relevant categories a plus
- Fun to work with
Life at Deliveroo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.