Senior Engineer, IT SupportWhy Deliveroo?
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us. The Role
We're seeking a talented and motivated IT Support Engineer providing onsite or remote support to all our markets.What you will be doing
What you will be good at
- Evaluate and resolve complex technical with business applications or end user devices
- Define and lead operational processes across various parts of IT operations
- Logging incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in our ticketing platform and escalating where necessary
- You'll be an escalation point for other IT Support Engineers
- Ensuring timely resolution of requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Creating / updating training material, quick tip sheets and other documentation
- Coordinate asset and inventory management, including checks and audits, always according to our standards and processes
- As Senior Engineer in our IT Support team, you take a leading role in troubleshoot issues across networking, desktop, mobile and other IT infrastructure systems
- Attention-to-detail: you're conscientious in developing clear and concise documentation
- Expert knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems and services including email, document storage, networking, end user computing devices and other corporate systems.
- Extensive experience in IT end user support and IT operations
- Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities
- You possess a demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology
- Ability to deliver to deadlines and manage own workload.
- Self-starter with keen ability to learn
- A natural interest in putting forward new ideas to improve processes
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires