When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.What you'll be doing: Implementation and continuous to improve our Identity and access management services line with company policies and standards as well as changing technologies and security guidelines Design, implement and maintain existing and new technologies to ensure audit and privacy compliance, where appropriate challenge and improve security and technology policies Design, implement and maintain IAM architecture to support service integrations to support automated user provisioning and deprovisioning. Drive continuous automation of IAM operations and controls to improve efficiency and security including Google Cloud Identity, Active Directory Troubleshoot and manage the resolution of issues related to identities, systems access, accounts, authentication, authorization, entitlements, and permissions Mentor and train junior team members in the development, implementation, review, and testing of IAM technologies Management of applications for SSO between our Identity Provider and each application including working with app owners, requirements gathering, documentation and implementation Work with information security, compliance, legal and privacy functions to drive culture and behaviour change and provide assurance on effective and secure IAM operations by following defined procedures and challenge insecure behaviours Required Skills and Experience:
- Expert level technical skill in Identity and Access Management technologies and systems, including identity and access management (IAM) protocols such as SSO/SAML, OAuth/OIDC, SCIM and 2-step verification, systems including Google Cloud Identity and Active Directory.
- Expert knowledge on IAM architecture and integrations.
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience using GCP or AWS
- Knowledge of Role based access control and Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and impact others and drive changes effectively
- Working knowledge of information security and privacy framework e.g. NIST, ISO27000 series, GDPR