Job Description - Senior Manager, Deliveroo Partner Services (DPS) Why Deliveroo?
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 7 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 7 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 100,000 partners in over 500 cities, across 12 countries worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and retailers and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us. The Role
The Senior Manager, Deliveroo Partner Services is a is a pivotal role for Deliveroo and the CP Team, and has been developed as the CP and DPS functions have accelerated beyond expectations this year. It will form part of our permanent CP team structure from 2022 but we are seeking to fill the role asap under a temporary FTC structure to bridge the gap between annual resource plans. The desired candidate will be a great people manager, be a highly capable and commercially astute account manager, and be confident and comfortable presenting and communicating with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will be involved in shaping and managing the partnerships with all DPS brands, and the delivery of jointly agreed operating and business objectives. You will be accountable for the health of the DPS function, and the FMCG partners that comprise it, ensuring that they each have the support they need to execute growth campaigns that will increase their performance on all channels on the Deliveroo platform. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing long-term partnerships with key FMCG brands, identifying opportunities to deepen and grow the relationships.
- Owning the DPS strategy and ensuring the function continues to evolve and grow in line with CP ambitions and partner and market expectations.
- Full account management of our most strategic partner brand.
- Act as the gatekeeper and functional expert for all data share policies and processes and champion the evolution of data share to benefit the CP strategy.
- Alignment with CP market leads to ensure they are involved in the key relationships and are across the plans of key partner brands that will influence a significant component of their market commercial KPIs.
- Leading a team of account managers, ensuring they:
- Are meeting the performance and operating metrics agreed with their partner brands.
- Are monitoring and analysing the performance of partner specific KPIs, preparing and presenting partner performance review meetings with key stakeholders
- Have a detailed understanding of the activation plans of their brands and are actively working with internal stakeholders as well as our external media agency partners Threefold to execute plans.
- Building and delivering insight during quarterly planning sessions and reviews in support of your partner. Provide insight and guidance on how to optimise and grow delivery as a channel.
- You will have demonstrable experience in leading a team.
- A proven account manager, you will have a proven track-record in meeting and exceeding growth targets as well as exceptional client relationship skills.
- You will be an effective relationship-builder and have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- You will be comfortable analysing large data sets, using this data to recommend actions for internal and external stakeholders.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants and retailers to grow as consumer habits change? How is the way people buy and consume food changing right now, what will it look like in the future, and how can we strive to be the definitive food company in this dynamic environment? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or