It's an exciting time for on-demand grocery with a hyper competitive environment, come and be part of the team that's building a completely new customer behaviour in the UK. We're looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to develop & lead Grocery marketing campaigns in the UK. This role will work closely with the rest of the UK team, our internal CRM, Product, Value & Commercial Partnerships teams to deliver best in class marketing strategy and campaigns that deliver against our Grocery objectives. This role reports to a Head of Marketing, Grocery, and is based remotely (during lockdown measures); in London thereafter.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial proposition developer. You'll have a passion for all things Grocery, be customer obsessed and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. You'll be experienced in working with customer data & insight to build marketing campaigns and have a broad knowledge and understanding of the marketing channel mix with a leaning towards CRM & loyalty. You'll be a self starter with a growth mindset, constantly looking for new opportunities to grow our customer base, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to 'think big' while paying careful attention to detail.
This role is responsible for delivery of developing and building a loyal and engaged base of grocery users on deliveroo across seasonal, offer and value campaigns, leading on our Grocery content calendar.Key Roles & Responsibilities:
As part of our core objectives, we're looking to convert Deliveroo users into Grocery customers. This role will be responsible for developing and building a loyal and engaged base of grocery users on deliveroo - mainly focused on how we activate campaigns across our owned channels and through product to deliver results. You will also be working closely with our Commercial Partnerships team to help monetise our owned channels and marketing campaigns through FMCG partnerships. As part of a small team in a rapidly growing area of the business, we expect you to get stuck in & be comfortable working on long term strategy, whilst also executing campaigns. Alongside owning and driving forward key initiatives with our CRM, product and the grocery commercial team. Seasonal Campaign Strategy
Grocery CRM development & acquisition plan
- Responsible for designing and implementing the annual seasonal campaign strategy for Grocery. Identify new opportunities for seasonal events & building on our learnings from previous campaigns to develop a seasonal playbook.
- Developing a strong test and learn strategy across events including the potential impact of ATL channels on performance.
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop Grocery campaigns for seasonal events across the calendar year.
- Ensure AM's are briefed and have partners merchandising menu's appropriately throughout the year.
- Own the relationship with Commercial Partnerships to monetize our marketing assets through FMCG partnerships
- Work with social / PR team on ideas to gain traction around key seasonal events.
- Create seasonal PCA's to share learnings with other markets.
Grocery Promotional & Value Strategy
- Develop our content calendar & CRM plan through BTL channels with grocery consumers in partnership with the CRM team.
- Own annual budget to drive existing customers to use Grocery for the first time working with CRM & product on key opportunities to win these customers
- Build out new ideas for acquisition, retention & churn reduction programmes & support the CRM team in implementation.
- Work with the Plus team to build out Grocery specific initiatives to acquire more Plus shoppers into Grocery.
Support global marketing team with learnings from the UK
- Define annual framework for promotional and value strategy, working with commercial on communication around 'value' messaging
- Develop test and learn programme to define most impactful value levers for Grocery acquisition, keeping a close eye on the competitive landscape.
- Work with the product team to work on a prioritised pipeline of developments to unlock new functionality to drive grocery sales i.e. Free Delivery, % off.
- Work with partners & commercial team to unlock Trade Deals with key grocery partners
- Work with the central team on key marketing initiatives for ODC that can be applied or scaled globally.
- Lead quarterly global deep-dive ODC session to share UK learnings
- Support in development of global toolkit
- Implementation of Grocery signage strategy, partner plan and key assets working with AM's to identify key UK brands to roll out signage
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.