Job title: Senior Product Designer
Location: Cannon Street, London
Salary: CompetitiveThe Role
The Experience team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo's products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you'll drive all stages of the design process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
What you might work on
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- Shape product strategy and vision together with product managers
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we're fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you'll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
This role is for you if you:
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you're able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Enjoy mentoring others in their professional development as designers
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
Aside from this, we're looking for:
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience working in high-growth product companies with an international footprint
- A broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: interaction design, visual design and prototyping
- Knowledge of platform-specific patterns (e.g. iOS Human interface guidelines, Android Material guidelines)
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.