Strategy Analyst & Project ActivatorWHY DELIVEROO
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Building regional KPIs - Report and identify operational inefficiencies, adapt processes, automate tasks and partner with cross functional teams to develop new solutions
- Create business cases of new Deliveroo products coming in (example: Editions, Signature) to size opportunity for the Spanish market and prioritize execution and roll outs.
- Collaborate with the central HQ teams to support ongoing initiatives
- Be the champion for key selected projects to become an expert and ensure education to KAM/AM teams as well as early adoption of key partners.
- Data analysis across our analytical tools (Looker, Salesforce) and databases to influence the overall strategy of the Commercial team, with a specific focus on our Account Management Team (growth and retention) and our sales team.
- At least 2 years of business experience in strategy, commercial or a similar area
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate the capacity of taking data-informed decisions in any situation
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once, making sure you meet quality, resources and time constraints
- An expert in Excel. Experience using Salesforce and Looker.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.LIFE AT DELIVEROO
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving
and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.WORKPLACE & DIVERSITY
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.*This job is based in the Madrid office