Systems Compliance OfficerWhy Deliveroo?
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and joining a world-class Compliance team, this is a brand new role that offers a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing UK tech companies.
Being right at the heart of the efforts to help Deliveroo continuously improve our responses to risk, particularly in relation to our key financial systems, we are looking for a unique candidate who has a passion for systems and controls, as well as extensive technical experience working across both audit and IT assurance teams. What you would be doing
This is a Global role, operating from HQ, which would involve a wide-range of compliance-related activity, including:
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Continuous assessment of risks relating to financially relevant systems
- Advising teams on the appropriate design of General IT Controls and automated controls
- Supporting teams in evaluating findings from permission reviews for financially relevant systems
- Performing implementation assurance testing for new and amended controls
- Liaising with external auditors to support their testing of financially relevant systems
- Root cause analysis and investigations
- Policy creation and maintenance
- Compliance training
- Conducting spot tests in risk areas
- Experienced at working in (or with) fast-paced start-ups
- Be a self-starter who is able to solve complex problems
- Strong ability to understand and manipulate data sets
- Demonstrate a practical, innovative and pragmatic approach to mitigating risk
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a strong 'moral compass'
- Be detail oriented, but also able to see the wood for the trees
- Qualified accountant with experience conducting and managing audits of large listed entities
- Have proven expertise in evaluating risks and designing controls in accordance with the COSO Enterprise Risk Management and Integrated Control frameworks
We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world's best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn't our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world's fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we're only just getting started.
We hope you're as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you'll join us and be part of this incredible story.Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.