Position Description: Objective of the Lenovo Data Solution Tower is to design and drive solution to enable efficient support on accounting and reporting initiatives as part of Lenovo's overall finance transformation.
Immediate priority is supporting a global project to enhance governance and controls, centralizing data collection and streamlining and improving tax compliance processes, as well as enabling end-to-end automation possibilities. This would include the following tasks:
- Attending Knowledge transfer sessions for different entities/countries in respective geographies
- Global Tax Platform governance responsibilities
- Attending any meetings regarding overdue items and help with realizing resolutions
- Partner with external service provider to ensure accuracy of data requests and timelines
- Monitor deliverables and timetables to ensure no filing risks
- Monitor to/from data transfer from Lenovo and resolve issues
- Analyze data requirements and information requests to identify synergies for process automation. Investigate breaks in data quality issues
- Maintenance of master data in line with country and entity requirements
Medium to long term focus of Finance Project Specialist:
-Support finance transformation program for S4 HANA deployment in collaboration with the various project leadership team and stakeholders
-Participate in transformation based on future state end-to-end Enterprise finance processes design for global finance. Future processes will be in-line with S4/Hana and must address simplicity, standardization and scalability
-Working closely with the various team and acts as implementation partners and across finance functions
-Provide recommendations and drive decisions critical for the success of the implementation
-Report to the Management team periodically on the project progress and track milestones
-Adopt a continuous improvement mindset by engaging with different teams, gathering lessons learned and adapting the process for future projects
-Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the success of the projects
-Manage multiple projects at once
- Key player in team to design and drive solutions to enable efficient support on accounting and tax reporting initiatives
- Support projects to further standardize and centralize audit model
- Explore opportunities to drive standardization and transformation to facilitate data flow for statutory audit and tax compliance
-Work with key stakeholders to understand root causes to issues
-Proactively develop and recommend solutions that improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the organization
-Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end-to-end solution delivery
-Coordinate across projects to understand dependencies, communication requirements, etc.
- Previous experience working with technology that enables finance function, preferably SAP ECC and SAP S/4 Hana
- Experience in implementation of SAP modules and rollout projects.
- At least, one end to end SAP S/4HANA implementation
- Problem solving skills, pro-active, creativity and can-do attitude
- The ability to apply skills and knowledge to a range of problems and issues.
- Ability to perform quickly
- Demonstrated project management & project governance ability, preferably in finance transformation
- Previous experience of liaising with clients and key stakeholders
- Previous exposure/experience to/in global or regional finance shared services
- Possess a deep knowledge and strong understanding of the overall finance function operations and business process re-engineering.
- Good understanding of accounting and tax principles as well as financial reporting
- Leadership skills and ability to multitask within a fast paced & dynamic workplace
- Strong communication skills including extensive experience dealing with various stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team incl. flexibility to support multiple time zones
- Demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge
- A degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is a must
Years of Experience
Full Time, Permanent
Banking / Finance , Project Finance , Others , Information Technology (IT) , IT Project Management / Team Lead
Lenovo is a US $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies. Its has successfully embarked into intelligent transformation" to capitalize on the rapid growth of the internet of things (IoT) market globally, as well as the wider adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and automation. Globally, our product lines include a full range of commercial and consumer PCs, servers and workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices including tablets and smart phones. We design and build our products to bring progress to the world. Serving customers in more than 160 countries, we take our inspiration from the drive and imagination of the people who make things happen; our technology helps those who do, do better.
At Lenovo we employ more than 60,000 people worldwide and our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build a unique company. A company that delivers unparalleled products created and supported by people with a wealth of different cultures and experiences. Our strength lies in this diversity. We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership. A workplace where people's talents can be challenged and their efforts recognized and rewarded. We employ fantastic people...come join the fun!
Additional Company Information
Benefits & Others
Dental insurance , Double pay , Medical insurance , Performance bonus , Five-day work week
More jobs from this employer