This in-house attorney role will be responsible for advising the Lenovo Group Financial Services (LGFS) Team on all legal requirements relating to LGFS and will work with the Legal Director of Solutions and Services Group (SSG) to support the creation application of financial solutions across the SSG.
Job Responsibilities (Essential functions and duties):
• Advising LGFS on a wide range of regulatory and commercial legal issues
• provide legal support for the Lenovo Team managing Lenovo's Financial Services external Programme business worldwide
• provide legal support for Lenovo's Group Financial Services Team
• assist with the development of new financial solutions to facilitate sales across SSG
• collaborate with internal and outside counsel, specific subject matter experts, and stakeholders
• work closely with Lenovo's lawyers, as well as finance and DaaS sales teams in the U.S., Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
• advise LGFS on a wide range of regulatory and commercial legal issues
• draft and negotiate lease finance contracts with customers and third-party funders
• effectively engage in issue-spotting and involving legal subject matter experts within the broader corporate-level Lenovo Legal Department
• work efficiently to supplement internal resources across Lenovo's geographies with advice from outside as needed.
• 8+ years' experience corporate/commercial legal work
• Experience negotiating commercial lease finance transactions
• Experience with laws and regulations governing commercial lease finance (globally or with specialization in at least one region)
• Experience in a national or global law firm, or experience as in-house commercial counsel in a global company
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability, confidence, and gravitas necessary to advise leadership within the company, exercising sound business and legal judgment
• Ability to anticipate, proactively manage and mitigate legal risks; and effectively advise on risk management and mitigation
• Ability to manage multiple projects, including transactional work and strategic projects, and set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, global work environment
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, to learn from experience and peers, and to be a team player
Years of Experience
Full Time, Permanent
Professional Services , Legal & Compliance
Lenovo is a US $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies. Its has successfully embarked into intelligent transformation" to capitalize on the rapid growth of the internet of things (IoT) market globally, as well as the wider adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and automation. Globally, our product lines include a full range of commercial and consumer PCs, servers and workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices including tablets and smart phones. We design and build our products to bring progress to the world. Serving customers in more than 160 countries, we take our inspiration from the drive and imagination of the people who make things happen; our technology helps those who do, do better.
At Lenovo we employ more than 60,000 people worldwide and our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build a unique company. A company that delivers unparalleled products created and supported by people with a wealth of different cultures and experiences. Our strength lies in this diversity. We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership. A workplace where people's talents can be challenged and their efforts recognized and rewarded. We employ fantastic people...come join the fun!
Additional Company Information
Benefits & Others
Dental insurance , Double pay , Medical insurance , Performance bonus , Five-day work week
More jobs from this employer