This unique opportunity will suit an experienced Data Analytics ("DA") professional looking to further their career at the Audit Department of the Hong Kong Jockey Club ("HKJC"). Candidates with no audit experience will be considered for this role.
The role provides excellent exposure to diverse business operations with access to industry leading Stakeholders. The successful candidate will have led a variety of data analytics initiatives that has either improved data governance, automated manual processes, improved efficiencies, and driven the delivery of insight through (big) data.
Our Internal Audit Department assists The Hong Kong Jockey Club ("HKJC's") in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organisation's governance and control processes. With this mandate, the Audit Department undertakes a wide variety of audits including operations and project audits.
The Audit Department is looking to recruit a Subject Matter Expert ("SME") Audit Manager, to work as a member of the Audit team with specific focus on leading DA initiatives and furthering the use of DA through continuously enhancing capability within the Department.
The ideal candidate will be curious, and have a sound understanding and exposure to diverse business processes. You will be responsible for raising commercial awareness on internal control practices from data insights and able to articulate findings to "C-suite" stakeholders through select audit assignments. As such, an understanding of business operations through data analytics and the ability to relate trends and data behavior in the relevant business context is key.JOB_DESCRIPTION:
- Play a key role in the Department's DA roadmap and initiatives;
- Support in a range of DA initiatives which span continuous development of all team members and the Department's DA Centre of Excellence; ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Department's Data Standard; to implementing Robotic Process Automation to provide a broader level of audit assurance;
- Play a key role in supporting moderate to complex audits in assessing the effectiveness of processes, controls and data governance through a select portfolio of audit assignments;
- Support in in the development of the Department's annual plan; and
- University degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline. Data Analysts / Scientists with interests to develop audit skills and corporate governance would be considered.
- Proficiency with analytics tools and programming languages e.g. SAS, R, Python, SQL, VBA; and visualization platforms e.g. Tableau, IDEA.
- Experience in robotic process automation is an advantage
- Minimum of 6 ~ 8 years of relevant experience in data analytics in sizeable and reputable corporations.
- Technically astute and strong analytical and decision-making ability; and
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English. Cantonese and Putonghua is also an advantage.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlist candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.