This unique, opportunity will suit an experienced Construction Project Manager or Construction Engineer looking for a new way to apply their specialist skills to further their career. The role provides excellent exposure to the business with access to industry leading Stakeholders. The role would benefit a Candidate seeking to leverage their Construction specialism in a corporate environment. The successful candidate will have led a variety of Construction projects, have site experience, and an interest in project management controls in transformative projects.
Our Internal Audit Department assists The Hong Kong Jockey Club ("HKJC's") in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organisation's governance and control processes. With this mandate, the Audit Department undertakes a wide variety of audits including operations and project audits.
The Audit Department is looking to recruit a Subject Matter Expert ("SME") Audit Manager, with specific focus on Construction. The purpose of the role is to work as a member of the Audit team on construction project and facilities management audits, and to facilitate Audit's understanding of specialist technical areas, during a period in which HKJC are investing heavily in their property portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in Construction Management, and possess strong knowledge of Construction Management / Project Management and Facilities Management best practices. You will be responsible for raising commercial awareness on internal control and risk management practices in relation to major construction programs. You will be able to evaluate evolving critical paths and therefore identify risk and opportunities and articulate findings to "C-suite" stakeholders.
- Support in delivering project and construction assurance activities, including ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Department's Project Audit Methodology;
- Support in assessing the effectiveness of site and quality management, scope management, and assess the transition from construction, handover to facilities management and translation thereof into scheduled activities;
- Support in assessing the effectiveness of Facilities Management;
- Support in assessing the most relevant areas to audit (within construction and facilities management) in the development of the Department's annual plan; and
- Motivate, coach and develop Audit staff to raise their proficiencies on project and construction related audits, and cultivate and nurture the required competencies
- Internationally recognised Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying, or Facilities Management related degree required.
- Minimum 6-8 years construction management experience on projects exceeding HK$3bn;
- Desirable to have an internationally recognised Project Management qualification (APM/ PMI). Additionally, candidates with Facilities Management experience will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction best practice methodologies with demonstrable ability to transpose across a broad breadth of disciplines;
- Working practical knowledge of construction risk management;
- Proficient in construction contract management and contract review, with the capability of identifying contractual risk and interfacing exposures;
- Confident in the engagement with construction professionals at all levels and question methodologies and concepts;
- Technically astute and strong analytical and decision-making ability; and
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English. Cantonese and Putonghua is also an advantage.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlist candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.