The Hong Kong Jockey Club Conghua Racecourse (CRC) is a world-class facility for the training of Hong Kong's thoroughbred racehorses. Spread across 150 hectares, CRC houses more than 660 active, in-training horses at its current stable capacity. Entering the next phase of facilities development, the Club is actively recruiting experienced project management professionals with technical expertise to join this high-profile capital works project.
The successful candidate will plan, manage, and monitor the design and authorities approval of CRC Phase 2: procurement of all design related consultants, managing consultants, LDI and Design Checker performance to ensure design and authorities approval progress is in accordance to project development timeline; devise consultants procurement strategy, provide technical support to tender/contract documents; managing consultants of all disciplines, review contractors shop drawings and materials submission, to ensure design is executed according to HKJC specifications, schedules, budgets, quality, safety and compliance requirements. JOB_DESCRIPTION:Location
: Conghua, Guangzhou You will
ABOUT_YOU:You should have
- Establish overall multi-disciplines design development and authorities submission programme according to project timeline, and to ensure consultants design matches users and stakeholders needs by maintaining good communication thorough the project cycle.
- Be responsible for design progress monitoring and management: including cross‑disciplines consultancy coordination, continuously review and monitor consultants and LDI deliverables, contractors shop drawings and materials submission, and submission/approval process and progress to government authorities, to match project development timeline.
- Lead the engineering team which consists of CSA and MEP engineering managers and officers, as well as other support function units like QS, scheduling, government liaison, to establish and ensure sufficient resources are available.
- Review consultants deliverables to ensure build‑ability and according to HKJC aspiration and statutory requirements.
- Ensure design is within budget.
- Devise consultancy procurement strategy, define works scope and deliverables of all disciplines and their demarcation, and establish contract duration and major milestones.
- Devise mitigation measures when design and authorities approval delay occurs.
- Review consultant tender submission.
- Assist the Executive Manager to complete consultant contract final accounts.
- A degree in architecture or civil engineering
- At least 5 years working experience, in which at least 5 years in a senior role of design management with real estate property developer.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary design management.
- Familiarity with local authorities permits submission/application process.
- Demonstrable experience in managing cross‑discipline teams.
- Good leadership and communication skill.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual. CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.