The Hong Kong Jockey Club Conghua Racecourse (CRC) is a world-class facility for the training of Hong Kong's thoroughbred racehorses. Spread across 150 hectares, CRC houses more than 660 active, in-training horses at its current stable capacity. Entering the next phase of facilities development, the Club is actively recruiting experienced project management professionals with technical expertise to join this high-profile capital works project.
The successful candidate for this role will work with the Senior Project Manager to manage a project team comprising of external consultants, contractors and suppliers as well as internal cross-divisional groups in design stage through to completion, handover to stakeholders and defects rectification. JOB_DESCRIPTION:Location:
Conghua, Guangzhou You will:
ABOUT_YOU: You should have:
- Vet all deliverables including the feasibility study, design reports and drawings, specifications, tender documents, shop drawings and construction method statements.
- Provide professional advice to operator enquiries regarding new project and alteration & renovations of existing facilities to support the Club\'s business objectives.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with external consultants, contractors, statutory parties as well as internal service providers and internal users for arranging site activities. Resolve technical issues during construction stage, testing & commissioning and handover stage.
- Monitor and supervise project progress and expenditures as well as site safety against the approved programme to ensure the completion of projects on time, within the budget and achieve the project objective.
- Take lead of the project MEP team to manage contractors technical submissions including method statement, BIM model and shop drawings and supervising the works progress and to ensure the works quality up to the Club standard and compliance to the statutory requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to carry out Design Change Notice (DCN), reply Request for Information (RFI) and respond Field Change Request (FCR) during construction period. Prepare progress report to reflect status on government submission, construction drawings, contractor submission and as-built drawings.
- Prepare project documentations including meeting minute, drawings, tender document and budget approval request etc.
- Coordinate the handover of the as-built building information model to the facility management office for integration with facility management operation platform.
- Manage consultants and LDI to prepare all design/installation related work for government submission and obtain all design/construction related government approvals. Support Government Liaison Team / Permitting Team to provide necessary technical document for government application.
- A bachelor's degree in building services / electrical or mechanical engineering or related disciplines;
- Professional qualification of relevant disciplines gained from recognized professional bodies;
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in design and construction management
- Solid experience in managing consultants in all disciplines and LDI over a sustained period of time on site to resolve technical issues;
- Working experience in/worked with public bodies would be an advance;
- Good understanding on PRC local government regulations particularly on design approval, planning approval, utilities application, fire services inspection, building construction, testing and commissioning, health and safety, etc.;
- Demonstrable experience in managing cross-discipline teams;
- Good communication and leadership skills;
- In-depth concept and knowledge of project management software tools, such as AutoCAD and PowerPoint;
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in English & Mandarin.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual. CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.