The Hong Kong Jockey Club Conghua Racecourse (CRC) is a world-class facility for the training of Hong Kong's thoroughbred racehorses. Spread across 150 hectares, CRC houses more than 660 active, in-training horses at its current stable capacity. Entering the next phase of facilities development, the Club is actively recruiting experienced project management professionals with technical expertise to join this high-profile capital works project.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring the design and construction of CRC Phase 2 Task 2 (Two-storey stable and associate works); managing consultants, LDI and Design Checker to ensure design and authorities approval progress at preconstruction stage and verify design build‑ability; devise procurement strategy, review tender/contract documents and works scope; managing contractors performance and coordination amongst all trades to ensure works are executed according to HKJC specifications, schedules, budgets, quality, safety and compliance requirements. JOB_DESCRIPTION:Location
: Conghua, Guangzhou You will
ABOUT_YOU:You should have
- Be responsible for overall construction monitoring and management: including cross‑disciplines site works coordination, continuously review and monitor contractors method statements, shop drawings, and materials submission progress, site works quality control and progress, site safety, authorities inspections, testing and commissioning, and handover to users.
- Lead project team which consists of CSA and MEP managers and officers, as well as other support function units like QS, scheduling, government liaison, safety, and survey, to establish and ensure sufficient resources are available.
- Be in charge of overall construction monitoring and management: including cross‑disciplines site works coordination, continuously review and monitor contractors method statements, shop drawings, and materials submission progress, site works quality control and progress, site safety, authorities inspections, testing and commissioning, and handover to users.
- Devise procurement strategy, define works scope of all trades and their demarcation, and establish tender preliminaries, specifications, contract duration, and major milestones.
- Manage contractor technical tender assessment.
- Manage overall budget control and change order
- Ensure consultants design matches users and stakeholders needs by maintaining good communication thorough the project cycle.
- Coordinate consultants of all disciplines to establish and monitor design schedule so it corresponds to authorities' approval, procurement, construction requirements, and overall project development timeline.
- Review consultants deliverables to ensure build‑ability and according to HKJC aspiration and statutory requirements.
- Assist Executive Manager to complete contract final accounts.
- A degree in architecture or civil engineering.
- 10-15 years working experience, in which at least 5 years in project management role with real estate property developer preferred
- Experience in contractors management
- Familiarity with local authorities permits submission/application process.
- Demonstrated experience in managing cross‑discipline teams.
- Good leadership and communication skill.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Knowledge in office software
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual. CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.