Our Legal Services Department provides legal support to all business units of the Club and associated companies. The Club's diverse business operations require the legal team to help the business units deal with complex matters by identifying risks and complications, guiding the business units around those obstacles whilst preserving the Club's reputation and integrity.JOB_DESCRIPTION:You will:
- Provide legal support to Business Units in relation to their operations and the performance of their functions in Mainland China as well as cross border issues.
- Coordinate and liaise with external counsel and consultants to provide advice to Business Units, such as advising on the laws and regulations governing their operations, the licences required to be obtained and the procedures thereof.
- Draft and review commercial agreements and legal documents in Chinese and in English.
- Keep abreast of the latest legal developments and changes in the laws and regulations affecting the business and operations of the Club.
- Partner with the Business Units to develop structured solutions to commercial activities and business operation issues.
- Advise on potential claims related to commercial projects; draft and review demand letters and settlement agreements
- Develop and manage contract templates and legal opinions database.
- Provide commercially-focused legal support to corporate projects including corporate restructurings and cross border intra-group arrangements.
- The job holder should possess a law degree (preferably obtained in the PRC and/or in HK or commonwealth countries)
- A minimum of 10 years\' experience as a qualified PRC and/or Hong Kong lawyer
- At least 8 years general commercial experience gained in a reputable law firms in HK, PRC and/or MNCs
- Solid experience in handling PRC-related general commercial matters, litigation/ arbitration experience in China a plus.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical ability to make judgement
- Commercial acumen
- Confident to work independently Commercial acumen
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlist candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.