Our Legal Services Department provides legal support to all business units of the Club and associated companies. The Club's diverse business operations require the legal team to help the business units deal with complex matters by identifying risks and complications, guiding the business units around those obstacles whilst preserving the Club's reputation and integrity. JOB_DESCRIPTION:You will:
- Provide legal support to business units (BUs) in relation to their operations and projects, including drafting and advising on contracts and other legal documents, reviewing and advising on marketing materials and other commercial documents, and advising on legal issues arising from business operations.
- Assist BUs in identifying legal risks and ensuring the Club's legal rights and other interests are fully protected, that the rules and policies of the Club are complied with, and that the Club complies with all relevant aspects of the laws and governing regulations. Partner with BUs to develop sound and structured solutions to mitigate legal and other risks.
- Advise BUs on legal requirements for operational licenses and permits, compliance related matters as well as corporate secretarial and governance matters.
- Provide assistance to Senior Legal Counsel in formulating and updating policies, rules and regulations, code of conduct and guidelines in partnership with BUs, and provide legal support for areas outside of the key designated areas as required.
- Assist in management of disputes, litigation, regulatory and other contentious matters and advise on strategies and approaches.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments in relation to the operations of the Club, analyse legal implications (including any changes necessary to current operations, policies and procedures), provide updates and trainings on such developments to BUs.
- Management of engagement of counsel to ensure that high quality, efficient, and cost effective external legal service is obtained.
- Possess a law degree in Hong Kong or any major common law jurisdiction, and a post-graduate certificate in laws (PCLL) in Hong Kong;
- Be a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong with at least 5 years' post qualification experience;
- Possess solid experience in general commercial matters and or dispute resolution / litigation matters gained from an international law firm or in-house position in a major corporation. In-house experience is preferred.
- Possess strong technical legal skills and commercial acumen;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to liaise effectively with internal clients at all levels and able to balance the interests of all stakeholders;
- Be able to work independently;
- Have excellent command of both English and Chinese languages (Cantonese and Mandarin), with the ability to communicate effectively and draft documents in both languages.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlist candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.