Strategic Business Planning is a department under the Membership, Strategic Marketing and Branding division (MSMB). The department is responsible for (i) performing integration and oversight functions in MSMB business planning and performance management, (ii) driving the development and implementation of MSMB strategies and change initiatives, and (iii) supporting the delivery of complex MSMB / corporate level strategic initiatives at different stages of the project development life cycle.
• Support the Executive Manager of Department in performing integration and oversight functions on business planning and performance management, working closely with the division head and individual team leads.
• Develop and implement an integrated business planning and performance management model for MSMB, aligning with the Club-wide planning and budgeting process.
• In your Business Planning and Budgeting role - Support the development and update of the 5-year plan aligning with the MSMB strategic directions; Establish criteria and systematic approach for prioritising Operational Initiatives; Coordinate the annual planning and budgeting (and reforecasting) process across MSMB teams; Organise team level and divisional level performance reviews.
• In your KPI Setting and Monitoring role - Orchestrate the activities below across individual teams of the division: Establish / review / recommend KPIs for the 5 year plan; Define and seek confirmation of milestone and outcome KPIs; Set KPI targets and reporting frequency; Assign KPI owners; Perform external benchmarking where appropriate as reference for target setting; Define data requirements, data sources and collection methods; Cascade divisional KPIs to next level; Establish linkage between KPIs with SLA.
• In your Performance Tracking and Reporting role - Orchestrate the activities below across individual teams of the division: Define / review KPI reporting requirements and data sources; Collect performance data and identify key variances for follow up; Propose actions and roles and responsibilities to address shortfalls; Revise targets / forecasts.
• Provide day-to-day supervision to the Business Planning team and continue to develop / enhance competence of the team in the areas highlighted above.
• Introduce best / market practices in business planning and performance management for effective adoption in the division.
• A university degree in Business, Finance or related disciplines.
• At least 8 years of demonstrable experience in performing business planning, budgeting and performance management at senior manager level in service, hi-tech or financial industry. Background in hospitality business would be an advantage.
• Sound knowledge of strategy development and performance management methodologies.
• Strong coordination and communication skills to work with multiple teams and stakeholders from different backgrounds.
• Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.