The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches (OCBB) and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
Gift at Races team (GAR) aims to be the premier retail in its field targeting both local and international Hong Kong racing fans.
- promote GAR as a branding vehicle and customer engagement tool to enhance public interest in racing and enhance experience of customers at Racecourse or other Jockey Club venues via creative merchandising strategy and effective procurement
- develop and manage racing souvenirs merchandize assortment including accessories/ collectibles/ household/ plush & toys/ stationery/ global sourcing to create excitement to customers
- identify & incorporate the latest gifting trend into GaR merchandize to attract and excite our customers while adhering to the brand proposition
- explore co-branding merchandize opportunities with focus on designated target segments in order to drive racing interest and to showcase the sports and leisure aspects of horse racing
- develop merchandize specific to internal customers' requests and budget
- support shop-level product development as well as event merchandize for thematic racing events
- oversee the merchandizing processes; collectively works with procurement on supplier set-up, product development, sourcing and quality control
- liaise with suppliers and follows in depth from concept to product; ensures product delivery on time
- manage suppliers to ensure the quality is up to the Club standard
- analyse sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate the right products for GaR
- handles administrative work related to product development and procurement from time to time
- support on-course sales activities during major event meetings on weekends
You should have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in Marketing, Merchandising, e-Commerce, Business Administration or related disciplines
- A minimum of 7 years' working experiences, preferably in merchandising and product development experience in gifts & premium, watches, promotion items and travel accessories
- Solid experience in related-goods merchandising and product development, preferably under a OEM environment
- Highly creative with good design sense
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with high accuracy
- Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Able to work under pressure to and be a strong team player
- Good presentation skills and able to sell his/her ideas
- Occasionally working on race day as required
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.