Strategic Business Planning is a department under the Membership, Strategic Marketing and Branding division (MSMB). The department is responsible for (i) performing integration and oversight functions in MSMB business planning and performance management, (ii) driving the development and implementation of MSMB strategies and change initiatives, and (iii) supporting the delivery of complex MSMB / corporate level strategic initiatives at different stages of the project development life cycle
• Support the Executive Manager of Department in performing an integrator role in the delivery of complex MSMB / corporate level strategic initiatives at different stages of the project development life cycle.
• Work with various MSMB units and related support functions (including IT,
Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.) involved at different project stages to ensure overall integration and alignment of project activities at system / process / organization level.
• Project Planning / Scheduling - Define project objective and scope; Define major workstreams; Establish project timeline of individual workstreams and define key project milestones and dependencies; Establish integrated project schedule across workstreams and define the update cycle; Maintain integrated timeline and ensure proper change control as the project proceeds.
• Establishment of Project Organisation and Governance - Establish project organisation and define key roles & responsibilities; Establish and enforce project control and governance framework / measures; Establish regular project meetings and terms of reference.
• Design and Implementation of Business Architecture - Review as-is and design to-be business architectural blueprints; addressing the inter-relationship among the key components re system, data, process, etc.
• Design and Implementation of Business and Operating Models - Review as-is and design target business / operating models with reference to the architectural blueprints; Establish integrated transformation roadmap; Perform strategic studies on specific areas - e.g. build vs buy, insourcing vs outsourcing; Provide advice on process improvement opportunities.
• Design of Business Solution (IT and non IT) and Delivery Approach - Design integrated business solutions (typically as part of transformation roadmap); Define key deliverables - addressing both outputs and outcomes; Identify and evaluate solution options; Establish business case for solution proposed; Define business requirements and use cases - including Customer Experience Journey (CEJ) where appropriate; Perform Change Impact Analyses (CIA); Develop Change Management Framework; Design implementation approach - with the adoption of POC / pilot / agile approach where appropriate.
• Risk / Issue / Action Identification and Tracking - Develop risk assessment / reporting framework; Develop and maintain risk register; Support assessment of Audit and Risk.
• A university degree in Business, IT or related disciplines.
• At least 8 years of demonstrable experience acquired as an external consultant or in-house project / change manager in leading sizeable business projects in service, hi-tech or financial industry. Experience in leading digital transformation in hospitality business would be an advantage.
• Sound knowledge of Strategy Development / Business Architecture / Business Operating Model Design / Business Process Reengineering / Change Management.
• Strong planning, organisational, analytical and communication skills.
• Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified